We would like to inform you about the results of our efforts from 2010 up to the present date and, more specifically, our news concerning the last seven months.
2010 – 2017
|30 Departments in 27 Hospitals:|
|15 Trauma Centers|
|12 Upgraded Pediatric Clinics|
|3 Intensive Care Units / Neonatal ICU|
|511 Machines for Pediatric Hospitals|
|1.333 doctors trained in the immediate and proper treatment of an injured child|
|41.422 children and 3.040 teachers and parents informed about trauma prevention|
|340.000 children have benefited from our Charity|
November 2016 – June 2017
The total cost of our project for the last seven months comes to : € 259.156.
During this period we managed to build and equip 3 more Trauma Centers, at a total cost of € 129.272:
– The General Hospital of Karpenisi, thanks to the OTE Group ( cost € 40.000 ).
– The General Hospital of Chalkidiki, thanks to Sani Resort & Ikos Resorts ( cost € 36.151 ).
– The ’Andreas Papandreou’’ General Hospital of Pyrgos, thanks to the Company Norton Rose Fulbright Greece ( cost € 53.123 ).
We were also able to equip the following Hospitals and Health Centers with the necessary machinery:
– The General Hospital of Zakynthos ‘’Aghios Dionysios’’, thanks to VISA and an anonymous donor , ( cost € 15.000 ).
– The Health Center Karlovasiou in Samos, thanks to Allianz and to the Bodossaki Foundation, ( cost € 6.727 ).
– The Health Center in Sifnos, thanks to the ‘’Friends of Pediatric Trauma Care’’, ( cost € 1.200 ).
Also, thanks to the generosity of the companies VISA, ‘’Mega’’ Disposables, Hellenic Petroleum, Novartis Hellas and Attiki Odos , we were able to offer the following:
To the ”Aghia Sophia” Children’s Hospital – Neonatal Intensive Care Unit :
– One Neonatal resuscitation unit, (cost € 10.168 ), Sponsor: VISA.
– One Neonatal incubator, (cost € 8.556 ), Sponsor: VISA.
– One Neonatal incubator, (cost € 8.556 ), Sponsor: ‘’Mega’’ Disposables S.A.
– One monitor, (cost € 4.092 ), Sponsor: Novartis Hellas.
– One jaundice meter, (cost € 3.596 ), Sponsor: Attiki Odos.
To the ”Aghia Sophia” Children’s Hospital:
– Consumables, (cost € 1.163 ), Sponsor: ‘’Mega’’ Disposables S.A.
To the ”Paidon Pentelis” Children’s Hospital:
– One Mobile pediatric autorefractor, (cost € 8.200 , Sponsor: Hellenic Petroleum.
– Consumables, (cost € 1.634 ), Sponsor: ‘’Mega’’ Disposables S.A.
To the General Hospital of Leros:
– Anesthesia unit, (cost € 22.816 ), Sponsor: VISA.
To the General Hospital of Larissa:
– We are in the process of equipping the Trauma Center with equipment worth € 18.370. We still need the amount of € 19.930 to complete it. We will inform you analytically in our Annual Report.
Education on Trauma Prevention:
‘’Alpha Bank’’ adopted, for yet another year, the sponsorship of our Program on Trauma Prevention, ( cost € 8.000 ) together with the ‘’Friends of Pediatric Trauma Care’’, ( cost € 2.000 ). From January, we have given 24 presentations in kindergardens and primary schools and we estimate to have visited a total of 36-38 schools by the end of 2017.
A.P.L.S – P.L.S. Seminars (Advanced Pediatric Life Support – Pediatric Life Support):
Thanks to the donation of an anonymous donor we were able to help fund the following:
– One A.P.L.S. (Advanced Pediatric Life Support) Seminar in collaboration with A.P.L.S. HELLAS in Athens, attended by 36 doctors ( cost € 5.400 ).
– Three P.L.S. (Pediatric Life Support) Seminars in collaboration with A.P.L.S. Crete in Crete, attended totally by 77 doctors and nurses ( cost € 3.850 ).
– We offered four splints for trauma immobilization for the seminars, ( total cost € 554 ).
Our future goals are the following:
To create Trauma Centers and to equip the Health Centers at:
1) General Hospital of Larissa : to complete the Trauma Center
2) General Hospital of Trikala
3) General Hospital of Tripolis
4) General Hospital of Santorini
5) General Hospital of Syros
6) General Hospital of Serres
7) General Hospital of Kastoria
8) General Hospital of Filiates (Igoumenitsa)
9) Health Center of Hydra
Our work continues and we are making great efforts to ensure that children are kept safe and are offered the best possible medical attention when needed. We hope with your support to achieve our goal, which is to upgrade all the Pediatric Departments of the General Hospitals and the Health Centers throughout Greece.