We would like to inform you about the results of our efforts from November 2013 to date.
It is our great pleasure to announce that the total cost of our project in the last seven months amounts to :
In our last newsletter, dated June 2013, we announced that one of our immediate goals was to create a Trauma Center at the “Ippocrateio” General Hospital in Thessaloniki. We would like to inform you that we succeeded to build and equip a Trauma Center ( our third to date ) at the “Ippocrateio” Hospital in Thessaloniki, thanks to the companies OTE and COSMOTE who funded the whole project, at a total cost of € 70.000.
Also we managed to fully equip a Trauma Center ( our fourth ) at the University Hospital “PAGNI” in Irakleion, Crete. This Center was funded by the companies: “Norton Rose Fulbright Greece”, “Hellenic Petroleum” and an Anonymous Donor, ( value € 44.300 ).
The companies OTE and COSMOTE also very generously offered, through the program “Day of Love – Day of Inspiration” , a Monitor for pediatric transfer to MRI to the Intensive Care Unit of the University Hospital “PAGNI” in Irakleion, Crete, ( value € 30.000 ).
Through our program “Support of Children with Respiratory Diseases” ,which first began in May 2013, we managed to offer a Ventilator machine, compatible for MRI that covers the whole pediatric age spectrum and ventilation models, to the Intensive Care Unit of the University Hospital “PAGNI” in Irakleion, Crete, ( value € 29.508 ). This acquisition was made possible thanks to the companies “Norton Rose Fulbright Greece”, and an Anonymous Donor.
The John S. Latsis Public Benefit Foundation offered equipment for the Trauma Center at the “University Hospital Evrou” in Alexandroupolis , ( value € 15.500).
Alpha Bank adopted the sponsorship of our Program on Trauma Prevention for the year 2014 which includes speeches in kindergardens and primary schools, ( value € 10.000 ). From January we have already given 16 presentations and we estimate to have visited a total of 30 schools by the end of 2014.
Thanks to the Group “Amalia” Hotels an A.P.L.S. ( Advanced Pediatric Life Support ) seminar was held 13-15 December, 2013 in collaboration with A.P.L.S. HELLAS, and was attended by 32 doctors.
This year “Pedtrauma” was invited to appear on several television and radio talk shows. Through these shows we were able to explain the importance of our work.
Also, thanks to the generosity of the National Bank of Greece, Attika Bank, the companies Mega Disposables ,Nestle Hellas, N. Papapostolou, E.J.PAPADOPOULOS, ING, Plaisio, PLASTIKA KRITIS, Garlson Wagonlit Travel, De Agostini , Mr & Mrs Antonis Vourakis, the Non Profit Organization “DESMOS”, the platform “Give & Fund” and members and friends who have helped us enormously, we were able to offer the following:
To the University Hospital of Irakleion-Crete “PAGNI”:
– Two Electrical beds
– Three Saturation monitors with blood pressure measurement
– Two PICU Nursing trolleys
– A Monitor of transfer with defibrillator
– One A.P.L.S. (Advanced Pediatric Life Support) Seminar in collaboration with the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and A.P.L.S. HELLAS, attended by 23 doctors.
To the Ambulance Service E.K.A.V. :
– One Vein Viewer
– One A.P.L.S. (Advanced Pediatric Life Support) Seminar in collaboration with A.P.L.S. HELLAS for the doctors of E.K.A.V.
A.P.L.S Seminars (Advanced Pediatric Life Support):
– Equipment for A.P.L.S. Seminars
“Education on Trauma Prevention”:
– The reprinting of 20,000 brochures titled “Respect the animals” which, together with our other brochures, will be distributed to pupils, teachers, parents and also to the hospitals.
Our future goals are the following :
– to create a Trauma Center at the ‘’Karamandaneio’’ Pediatric General Hospital in Patras
– to complete the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit at the University Hospital “PAGNI” in Crete
– to continue with the program “Support of Children with Respiratory Diseases”
– to continue to help the Pediatric Hospitals with the purchase of much needed equipment
– to continue with the program “Training of Medical and Nursing Staff on Pediatric Trauma Care”. This year we launched a new program aimed at financing A.P.L.S. Seminars (Advanced Pediatric Life Support) for the training of Ambulance doctors and paramedics (E.K.A.V.) in Athens, Thessaloniki and in Crete
– to continue the program for educating children on trauma prevention
Our ultimate goal is to create a Trauma Center in all the major public Pediatric Hospitals in Greece, and to equip these hospitals with all the necessary equipment needed to save a child’s life and to help them in their hour of need.
In life there is nothing more important than our Children and it is up to each and every one of us to make sure they are kept safe and are offered the best possible medical attention when needed.
Natasha Clive – Vrecossis Michael Sarris (Pediatrician)
President of the Board of Directors Vice President of the Board of Directors