We would like to inform you about the results of our efforts from 2010 up to the present date and, more specifically, our news concerning the last seven months.
2010 – 2016:
|25 Departments in 21 Hospitals:|
|12 Trauma Centers|
|11 Upgraded Pediatric Clinics|
|2 Intensive Care Units|
|377 Machines for Pediatric Hospitals|
|1.166 doctors trained in the immediate and proper treatment of an injured child|
|40.000 children and 3.000 teachers and parents informed about trauma prevention|
|250.000 children have benefited from our Charity|
November 2015 – June 2016
The total cost of our project for the last seven months comes to : € 374.504.
During this period we managed to build and equip 6 more Trauma Centers, at a total cost of € 218.662:
– The ‘’Axillopouleio’’ General Hospital in Volos, thanks to the Company Norton Rose Fulbright Greece, ( cost € 28.151 ).
– The General Hospital of Lamia, thanks to the Family George Giouroukou, ( cost € 14.298 ).
– The ‘’Karamandaneio’’ General Hospital in Patras, thanks to the OTE Group, ( cost € 70.000 ).
– The University General Hospital of Larissa, thanks to the OTE Group, ( cost € 40.947 ).
– The ‘’Vostanio’’ General Hospital in Mytilini, ( cost € 9.440 ).
– The Corfu General Hospital, thanks to the hotel MarBella Corfu, ( cost € 55.826 ).
We were also able to equip 5 Pediatric Clinics with the necessary machinery:
– The Hospital of Kastellorizo, ( cost € 8.963 ).
– The General Hospital of Samos ‘’Aghios Panteleimon’’, thanks to the John S. Latsis Public Benefit Foundation, ( cost € 25.011 ).
– The General Hospital of Leros, thanks to the John S. Latsis Public Benefit Foundation and the ‘’Friends of Pediatric Trauma Care’’, ( cost € 10.896 ).
– The General Hospital of Kilkis, thanks to the A. G. Leventis Foundation,( cost € 9.957 ).
– The ‘’Skylitseio’’ General Hospital of Chios, thanks to the A. G. Leventis Foundation and the Grace Foundation, ( cost € 14.293 ).
‘’Alpha Bank’’ adopted, for yet another year, the sponsorship of our Program on Trauma Prevention which includes presentations in kindergardens and primary schools, ( cost € 8.000 ). Since January, we have given 21 presentations and we estimate to have visited a total of 30-32 schools by the end of 2016. It has been statistically proven that by introducing Trauma Prevention into schools the number and severity of accidents occurring has been reduced by up to 50%.
Once again “Pedtrauma” was invited to appear on several radio talk shows. Through these shows we were able to explain the importance of our work and to inform many students, parents and teachers on children’s safety.
Also, thanks to the generosity of the A. G. Leventis Foundation, the companies Alfa-Beta Vasilopoulos, Hellenic Petroleum, N. Papapostolou Ltd, Mega Disposables, InterMedica, Appco Group Hellas, Ktima G. Kokotos, Oteglobe, Anamet, Eurobank, Attica Bank, Philanthropolis, Plaisio, the Women’s Organization ‘’Amaryllides’’, Mr & Mrs Antonis Vourakis and members and friends who have helped us tremendously, we were able to offer the following:
To the ”Evrou University Hospital ” in Alexandroupolis :
– One digital ultrasound system, ( cost € 23.000 ),Sponsor: Alfa-Beta Vasilopoulos.
– One Bronchoscope, ( cost € 7.291 ), Sponsor: Hellenic Petroleum.
To the General Hospital of Syros :
– One portable ultrasound system, ( cost € 15.006 ), Sponsor: The A. G. Leventis Foundation & N. Papapostolou Ltd.
– Trolley for the portable ultrasound system, ( cost € 923 ), Sponsor: The A. G. Leventis Foundation & N. Papapostolou Ltd.
To the Aretaieio Hospital:
– One smart baby resuscitation training unit, ( cost € 5.616 ), Sponsor: The A. G. Leventis Foundation.
To the ”Aghia Sophia” Children’s Hospital:
– One patient monitor, ( cost € 4.092 ), Sponsor: Mega Disposables S.A.
– One patient monitor, ( cost € 4.092 ), Sponsor: InterMedica.
– One patient monitor, ( cost € 4.092 ).
To the ”Paidon Pentelis” Children’s Hospital:
– One portable tympanometer, ( cost € 3.100 ).
To the University Hospital of Irakleion – Crete ‘’PAGNI’’:
– One electrocardiograph, ( cost € 1.587 ), Sponsor: The A. G. Leventis Foundation.
– Accessories for the ECG device, ( cost € 823 ).
A.P.L.S Seminars (Advanced Pediatric Life Support):
– One A.P.L.S. (Advanced Pediatric Life Support) Seminar in collaboration with A.P.L.S. HELLAS in Athens, attended by 35 doctors ( cost € 5.600 ).
– One A.P.L.S. (Advanced Pediatric Life Support) Seminar in collaboration with A.P.L.S. HELLAS in Athens, for the Scientific Society of Hellenic Medical Students, attended by 50 doctors ( cost € 500 ).
“Education on Trauma Prevention”:
– The reprinting of 20,000 brochures titled “Careful when Selecting Toys” ( cost € 3.000 ).
Our future goals are the following :
– to equip the Pediatric Clinic of the Health Center in Santorini.
– to equip the Pediatric Clinic of the General Hospital of Syros.
– to continue with the program “Support of Children with Respiratory Diseases”.
– to continue to help the Pediatric Hospitals with the purchase of much needed equipment.
– to continue with the program “Training of Medical and Nursing Staff on Pediatric Trauma Care”.
– to continue the program for educating children on trauma prevention.
2016 has been a very productive year thus far, as we have already managed to achieve many of our goals. We wish to express our gratitude to all of you as it is thanks to you that we were able to complete all these projects. We still have a lot to do though in order to ensure that our children are kept safe and are offered the best possible medical attention when needed.
Wishing you all a Happy Summer.