Annual Report in numbers:
12 Hospitals and Health Centers. Analytically:
3 We created and equipped three new Trauma Centers
5 We equipped five Pediatric Departments / Clinics
4 We offered machinery to four Hospitals
193 Doctors we supported financially so as to participate in A.P.L.S /P.L.S. Seminars
1.843 Children educated on Trauma Prevention
20.000 Brochures on ‘’Safety at school’’ were printed
340.000 Children have benefited from our Charity
284.301,92 Euros the total cost of our project for this year
More specifically :
This year we managed to create and to equip 3 new Trauma Centers:
General Hospital of Karpenisi:
– A Trauma Center (Sponsor: ΟΤΕ Group) value €40.000.
General Hospital of Chalkidiki:
– Equipment for the Trauma Center (Sponsor: Sani Resort & Ikos Resorts) value €36.117,40.
General Hospital of Pyrgos ‘’Andreas Papandreou’’:
– Equipment for the Trauma Center (Sponsor: Norton Rose Fulbright Greece) value €53.122,20.
Equipment of Pediatric Departments and Pediatric Clinics:
This year we equipped with the necessary machinery one Pediatric Department and four Pediatric Clinics :
General Hospital of Zakynthos ‘’Aghios Dionysios’’:
– Equipment for the Pediatric Department (Sponsor: VISA) value €15.000,79.
Health Center of Karlovasi in Samos:
– Equipment for the Pediatric Clinic (Sponsor: Allianz & Bodossaki Foundation) value €6.726,79.
Health Center of Ebona in Rhodes:
– Equipment for the Pediatric Clinic (Sponsor: Allianz & Bodossaki Foundation) value €4.781,48.
Health Center of Sifnos:
– Equipment for the Pediatric Clinic (Sponsor: ‘’Friends of Pediatric Trauma Care’’) value €1.200.
Health Center of Hydra:
– Equipment for the Pediatric Clinic (Sponsor: Mytilineos S.A. ) value €6.699,60.
Equipment to the Pediatric Hospitals:
We also helped the following Pediatric Hospitals with the purchase of much needed equipment:
”Aghia Sophia” Children’s Hospital – Neonatal Intensive Care Unit:
– A neonatal resuscitation unit (Sponsor: VISA), value €10.168.
– A neonatal incubator (Sponsor: VISA), value €8.556.
– A neonatal incubator (Sponsor: Mega Disposables S.A.), value €8.556.
– A monitor (Sponsor: Novartis Hellas), value €4.092.
– A jaundice meter (Sponsor: Attiki odos S.A.), value €3.596
”Aghia Sophia” Children’s Hospital:
– Consumables (Sponsor: Mega Disposables S.A.), value €1.163.
‘‘Paidon Pentelis” Children’s Hospital:
– A mobile pediatric autorefractor (Sponsor: Hellenic Petroleum S.A.), value €8.200.
– Consumables (Sponsor: Mega Disposables S.A.), value €1.634.
General Hospital of Leros:
– An anesthesia unit (Sponsor: VISA), value €22.816.
General Hospital of Larissa:
We equipped the Trauma Center with equipment worth €21.669,05. We still need the amount of €16.334,94 to complete it.
– A portable oximeter (Sponsor: Mytilineos S.A.), value €446,40.
– A blood pressure monitor (Sponsor: Mytilineos S.A.), value €2.232.
– A monitor (Sponsor: Mytilineos S.A.), value €1.860.
– An otoscope, value €513.
– An ophthalmoscope (Sponsor: ‘’Friends of Pediatric Trauma Care’’), value €164,70.
– A neopuff (Sponsor: Mytilineos S.A.), value €1.116.
– A saver One (Sponsor: Sigma Medical), value €2.070.
– An electronic babu scale, value €647,10.
– An electronic column scale with measuring rod, value €546,30.
– A measuring rod for baby, value €79,20.
– An examination table, value €291,40.
– Two digital thermometers (Sponsor : ‘’Friends of Pediatric Trauma Care’’), value €936.
– An emergency trolley (Sponsor: N. Papapostolou Ltd), value €1.475,60.
– A resuscitation trolley (Sponsor: N. Papapostolou Ltd), value €1.426.
– A suction trolley (Sponsor: N. Papapostolou Ltd & ‘’Friends of Pediatric Trauma Care’’), value € 2.108.
– An ambu, value €944,88.
– A computer & a photocopying machine (Sponsor: Kotsovolos Dixons South – East Europe), value €468,47.
– An I-V Stand (max 8 kg) (Sponsor: ‘’Friends of Pediatric Trauma Care’’), value €90.
– An I-V Stand (max 12 kg) (Sponsor: ‘’Friends of Pediatric Trauma Care’’), value €162.
– A double illuminator (Sponsor: ‘’Friends of Pediatric Trauma Care’’), value €496.
– A jaundice meter (Sponsor: Draeger Hellas), value €3.596.
”Pedtrauma” sponsored two A.P.L.S. ( Advanced Pediatric Life Support ) seminars, which were held in collaboration with A.P.L.S. HELLAS in Athens and Thessaloniki, and one A.P.L.S. seminar held in collaboration with A.P.L.S. Crete in Crete, which was attended in total by 94 doctors ( total value € 11.700 ).
We also sponsored four P.L.S. (Pediatric Life Support) seminars which were held in collaboration with A.P.L.S. Crete in Crete, and were attended in total by 99 doctors ( value € 4.950 ).
We also offered equipment for the A.P.L.S. Seminars, value € 553,61.
”Pedtrauma” continued the program ”Prevention of Children’s Accidents” and distributed brochures to the children, teachers and parents attending. To date we have spoken to 42.115 children and 3.040 teachers and parents.
“Alpha Bank” adopted the sponsorship of our Program on Pediatric Trauma Prevention for yet another year (with the amount of € 8.000) together with the ‘’Friends of Pediatric Trauma Care’’ (with the amount of € 2.000). We held 37 presentations (from 1st November 2016 until 31st October 2017) which were attended by 1.843 children.
Our Brochures were distributed to Schools, Kindergartens and Parent Associations in the greater Attika area during the presentations. They were also distributed to many other schools and hospitals throughout Greece.
During the course of the year we printed the brochure ‘’Safety at School’’ (Sponsor: Mytilineos S.A.) value € 3,000.
This year three new members were enrolled.
Furthermore, the group ‘’Friends of Pediatric Trauma Care’’, continues to support our endeavours. Due to the economic conditions prevailing in our country, it is becoming more and more difficult for us to cover our operating costs and to purchase low-value equipment for Hospitals (the high value equipment is sponsored by Companies and Foundations). The support of our ” Friends ” is crucial both to our existence and to our ability to continue helping the injured child. If you know someone who would like to be informed and to help our work with the amount of € 1.000 per year please inform us.
OPERATING EXPENSES OF OUR CHARITY
The “Stavros Niarchos” Foundation supported us for one more year by covering the salary of an employee at ‘’Pedtrauma’’ for the year 2017. This donation is invaluable as it enables us to reduce our operating costs and ensure our sustainability.
On Sunday, 20th of November 2016, a bazaar was held at Ktima Kokotou for yet another year with great success! Young and old alike enjoyed the activities while shopping from the bazaar.
In November 2016 the Jewellery store ”VOURAKIS” made our New Years good luck charm, the sale of which helped our fund-raising efforts.
On Sunday, December 4th “Santa Run Athens” was held for the third consecutive year. Hundreds of Santa Claus- runners participated in a non-competitive race for a good cause, offering the spirit of Christmas. With a positive attitude the runners sent a goodwill message, as some of the profits were given to our Charity.
Eurobank invited our Charity again to participate in their Christmas Bazaar held from the 12th-13th of December 2016. In a very festive atmosphere, Eurobank’s staff were able to make their purchases, thus helping us raise money for our Organizations’ projects.
”Pedtrauma” was invited once more to participate in the Christmas Bazaar held at the Headquarters of the Insurance Company ”NN Hellas” from the 12th-16th of December 2016.
The established Moraitis ‘’School Night of Christmas’’ was held on Saturday, December 17th. This year the students of the School decided to support the Charities : “Pediatric Trauma Care” and the “Ark of the World”.
The gymnasiums “Holmes Place” organized a Christmas bazaar in their shops at the Clubs, and part of the proceeds were given to our Charity.
For yet another year APPCO GROUP HELLAS is supporting ‘’Pedtrauma’’. APPCO is selling a product called “Fast Wax” in Greece and for each item sold will offer our Charity € 0,50.
The company ANAMET continues to support ‘’Pedtrauma’s’’ work through the program CAR4CARE. For every car brought to the company for recycling, ANAMET pays the amount of € 50 to a charity chosen by the owner of the car, from the list of organizations that ANAMET supports. If you, or somebody you know, is planning to turn in his car for recycling, please visit the website www.car4care.gr under the heading ”Child” and select ”Pedtrauma”. By choosing our charity you will be helping us to equip the Greek Pediatric Hospitals with much needed medical equipment.
On Friday 17th March a bazaar with handmade bags was held at the residence of Mrs. Harikleia Alexaki – Catsambi and part of the proceeds were given to “Pediatric Trauma Care”.
For yet another year we organized an Easter Lottery. The Lottery Draw was held at our offices on the 4th of April 2017 and it was a great success.
On Saturday 29th & 30th April, Pedtrauma took part in the event which was organized by the Scouts of Greece, the topic being : «Scouting the path for volunteering». The event was held at the Auditorium of the Ministry of Infrastructure, Transport and Networks.
On Wednesday 10th May, Pedtrauma took part in the HR Forum which was organized by the Greek People Management Association, the topic being : « HR Vision for the Future ». The HR Forum was held at the Wyndham Grand Athens Hotel.
We gave brochures on Trauma Prevention and toys to the Charity “Aegean Team’’ in order to be distributed on the islands which they visited. (Koufonisi, Ios, Astypalaia, Amorgos, Donousa, Fournoi, Thymaina).
‘’Pedtrauma’’ took part in the BRAVO SUSTAINABILITY AWARDS 2017. Bravo Sustainability Dialogue aims to highlight and reward the best practices recorded by the participating Organizations at the online Dialogue for Sustainable Development in the context of the Sustainable Greece 2020 Initiative. Our Charity was among the distinguished organizations, which had the highest scores. ‘’Pedtrauma’’ was distinguished for the program ‘’Training of Medical and Nursing Staff in Pediatric Trauma Care’’ in the BRAVO GOVERNANCE pylon.
Pedtrauma attended the event “Stories from the Open Schools of the Municipality of Athens” on May 31st 2017, which was organized by the Municipality of Athens under the program ‘’Open Schools’’. Our Charity participated in this program, visiting a total number of 5 schools in Athens and informing the children as to how to recognize the dangers and how to avoid them, as part of the program “Education on Trauma Prevention”.
Pedtrauma participated in the 7th Annual Capital Link CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) in Greece Forum «INVESTING IN GROWTH – THE NEW FACE OF CSR», which was held at the Athens HILTON HOTEL, on Thursday, June 8th , 2017.
On Saturday 15th and Sunday 16th of July 2017, Pedtrauma took part in the “Voluntary Action Festival” which was held in Athens by Skywalker.gr. Τhe visitors had the opportunity to learn about our organization and the various projects we are currently working on, and to receive our booklets on Trauma Prevention.
‘’Pedtrauma’’ was presented with the Silver award for the Creation of Trauma Centers and the equipment of Hospitals and Healthcare Centers with all the necessary machinery, in the category “Health offerings by Non-Governmental Organizations”, by Healthcare Business Awards 2017. The awards were organized by Health Daily and Boussias Communications
The awards ceremony was held on Wednesday, September 13th 2017, at the hotel Divani Apollon Palace & Thalasso.
On Wednesday 11th of October 2017 the Trauma Center of the General Hospital of Pyrgos ‘’Andreas Papandreou’’ was inaugurated. The Trauma Center was realized through the generous donation of ‘’Norton Rose Fulbright Greece’’.
On Tuesday October 17th 2017, Pedtrauma attended the event ‘’Visa Solidarity Project’’ in which we presented the project that we managed to complete thanks to Visa’s sponsorship and the affiliated Banks. For the second consecutive year VISA and the following banks: ALPHA BANK, Attica Bank, Eurobank, HSBC, Postcredit, National Bank of Greece and Piraeus Bank, have supported 15 NGO’s with 1 million euros through their Visa Solidarity Program.
Atalanta Vrecossis (member & head of the english website version of our Charity) created a project on the ‘’Give & Fund’’ platform. The goal is to offer a portable paramagnetic respirator for children at the Trauma Center in the General Hospital of Larissa worth € 6.800 This equipment is vital because in some cases, due to the gravity of the situation it is necessary to transfer the child to a Children’s Intensive Care Unit. Unfortunately, such a unit does not exist in Thessaly and many children have to be moved to Athens and Thessaloniki without the proper ventilator, but with the use of an ambu, with all the risks that this entails. You can support our effort by making a donation through the Give and Fund platform:
For yet another year many television and radio programs showed great interest in our Charity and especially in trauma prevention. Through these programs we were able to inform a much larger audience on the subject of children’s safety, and how to protect our children from accidents.
Over Christmas, Ash Monday, Easter, Summer and at the beginning of the school year, newspapers and magazines published our articles on the Prevention of Children’s Accidents. You can read these articles on our website www.pedtrauma.gr.
ALPHA BANK – BONUS POINTS
Alpha Bank continues to support our Organization by including us in their list of charities who benefit from their Bonus Points credit card program. (American Express, Visa, Mastercard).
The creation of Trauma Centers in the following Hospitals:
– General Hospital of Tripoli (estimated cost €60.000).
– General Hospital of Keffalonia (estimated cost €59.000).
– General Hospital of Trikala (estimated cost €32.400).
– University General Hospital ‘’ΑΤΤΙΚΟΝ’’ (estimated cost €30.280).
To equip the Trauma Centers and the Pediatric Departments & Clinics of the following Hospitals:
– General Hospital of Serres (estimated cost €21.600).
– General Hospital of Syros (estimated cost €20.200).
– General Hospital of Santorini (estimated cost €17.600).
– General Hospital of Larissa – to complete the Trauma Center (estimated cost €16.330).
– General Hospital of Filiates (estimated cost €14.300).
– General Hospital of Kastoria (estimated cost €14.000).
– General Hospital of Arta (estimated cost €11.930).
– Health Center of Paxoi (estimated cost €10.240).
-To help the Pediatric Hospitals with the purchase of much needed equipment. The current requests from Pediatric Hospitals (‘’Aghia Sophia” Children’s Hospital, University General Hospital of Evros in Alexandroupolis, General Hospital of Zakynthos ‘’Aghios Dionysios’’) amount to €16.864.
– To finance Advanced Pediatric Life Support & Pediatric Life Support seminars for doctors, surgeons and ambulance paramedics. The current requests for this program amount to €16.000.
– To continue the program ”Prevention of Children’s Accidents” (estimated cost €16.000).
Total budget for these goals: €356.744.
SPONSORS AND FRIENDS
We would, of course, like to thank our Members, Friends and Sponsors who have helped us throughout the year with their donations. Without them we would not have been able to achieve all of the above.
– Dimitris Sofianopoulos – Norton Rose Fulbright Geece
– ΟΤΕ Group
– Sani Resort & Ikos Resorts
– Mytilineos S.A.
– “Stavros Niarchos” Foundation
– George-Ippokratis Klimis
– Lida Vitouladitou – Mega Disposables S.A.
– Bodossaki Foundation
– HELLENIC PETROLEUM S.A.
– Alpha Bank
– N. Papapostolou Ltd
– Novartis Hellas
– Ktima G. Kokotou
– George & Anna Kokotou
– Moraiti School
– Attiki odos S.A.
– Draeger Hellas
– Sigma Medical
– Kotsovolos Dixons South – East Europe
– APPCO GROUP HELLAS
– Argiris Diamantis – ANEZOULAKIS BROS FIERATEX S.A.
– Antonis & Beky Vourakis – Jewellery store ”VOURAKIS”
– NN Hellas
– Maurice Capuano – CAPUANO INSURANCE BROKER S.A
– Leonidas Georgopoulos – Law Office ‘’Kyriakidis – Georgopoulos’’
– Lois Koulouris
– Olga Bornozi
– Capital Link
– INTELLIGENT MEDIA ΕΠΕ
– Boussias Communications
– The magazine Marketing Week
– Holmes Place
– G. Gerardos, PLAISIO COMPUTERS S.A.
– The Lost Unicorn Hotel
– All senses gastronomy
– Codice Blu
– Boutari Company
– J. & E.Papadopoulos S.A.
– George & Morfi Plakogiannakis
– Β & C. Basilakis Ο.Ε.
– Marianna Petridi
– Harikleia Alexaki – Katsabi
– Eleni Lampridi
– Public Cafe
– Institute Renato
– Maxima – Rovelli
– Manolea Gouskos
– Change More
– Katerina Gkrintza
– Evi Psathidou – La Chocolatiere
– FEVRONIA LUXURY CONCEPTS
– Mr Vasilis Nikolakis – Balloonorama
– Sofokleousin.gr – Medsin.gr
– Star Channel
– Antenna Chanel
– Global TV
– Radio Athens 984
– Radio Alpha 989
– Radio ΕRΑ 91,6
– Radio Piraeus Church 91,2
– Radio Skai 100,3
– Newspaper ‘’Estia’’
– Newspaper ‘’Dimokratia’’
– Newspaper ‘’Espresso’’
Our goal today is to equip and upgrade ALL the Pediatric Hospitals in Greece and the Health Centers on our islands. This is an enormous undertaking and in order to achieve it we need everyone’s help.
Help us to make Greece a safe country for our children!
We wish you a Happy and Healthy New Year !
Natasha Clive – Vrecossis Michalis Sarris
President of the Board of Directors Vice-president of the Board of Directors