This past year was a very important one for our Charity. Despite the difficult period Greece is going through we managed to reach our goals and were able to create, and equip, 3 more Trauma Centers in Public Pediatric Hospitals. At the same time we continued the programs: ''Education on Trauma Prevention'' in kindergartens and elementary schools,''Training of Medical and Nursing Staff in Pediatric Trauma Care'' and continued to offer medical equipment to the Pediatric Hospitals.
The third Trauma Center was created in ''Ippocration'', Thessaloniki's General Hospital thanks to a grant from the companies ''OTE'' and ''COSMOTE''. The fourth Trauma Center, at the University General Hospital of Irakleion-Crete ''PAGNI'', was equipped through a grant from the companies ''Norton Rose Fulbright Greece'', ''Hellenic Petroleum'' and an Anonymous Donor and the fifth Trauma Center, at the ''University Hospital Evrou'' in Alexandroupolis, was equipped with the necessary machinery thanks to the John S. Latsis Public Benefit Foundation.
The total cost of our project for this year amounts to € 251.921.
From 2010 until today over 200.000 children have benefited from our Charity.
Through our project ''Support of Children with Respiratory Diseases'', which was first adopted in 2013, we were able to supply the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit of the University General Hospital of Irakleion-Crete ''PAGNI'' with a PICU mechanical Ventilator (compatible for MRI with screen, mobile, that covers all the age spectrum, and ventilation models), thanks to the company '' Norton Rose Fulbright Greece ''and an Anonymous Donor. Our goal is to promote this program as much as possible as there is a considerable increase in the frequency of respiratory diseases in children.
Specifically, our Organization has offered:
To the ''Ippocration'' Thessaloniki's General Hospital :
- Trauma Center (Sponsor: OTE-COSMOTE) value € 70.000.
To the University General Hospital of Irakleion-Crete ''PAGNI'':
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
- Monitor for pediatric transfer to MRI (Sponsor: OTE-COSMOTE) value € 30.000.
- PICU mechanical Ventilator compatible with MRI with screen, mobile, that covers all the age spectrum and ventilation models (Sponsor: Norton Rose Fulbright Greece and Anonymous donor ) value € 29.507,70.
- 2 Electrical beds (Anonymous donor) value € 13.530.
- Monitor of transfer with defibrillator (Sponsor: Anonymous donor & Give and Fund) value € 9.163.
- 3 Saturation Monitors with blood pressure measurement (Sponsor: GREEK AMERICA FOUNDATION & DESMOS) value € 7.084,80.
- PICU Nursing trolley (Sponsor: N.Papapostolou Ltd) value € 1.254,60.
- PICU Nursing trolley value € 1.254,60.
- Ultrasound System (Sponsor: HELLENIC PETROLEUM S. A.) value € 21.771.
- Monitor of transfer with defibrillator (Sponsor: Norton Rose Fulbright Greece and Anonymous donor ) value € 11.008,50.
- 2 Patient Monitors Vital Signs (Sponsor: Norton Rose Fulbright Greece and Anonymous donor) value € 10.086.
- Electrocardiograph (Sponsor: Norton Rose Fulbright Greece and Anonymous donor) value € 1.449,92.
To the ''University Hospital Evrou'' in Alexandroupolis – Trauma Center:
- 3 Patient Monitors (Sponsor: John S. Latsis Public Benefit Foundation) value € 13.284.
- 2 Saturation Monitors with blood pressure measurement (Sponsor: John S. Latsis Public Benefit Foundation) value € 2.214.
To E.K.A.V. (Ambulance Service):
- Vein Viewer (Sponsor: Mega Disposables S.A.) value € 3.813.
Thanks to the Group "Amalia" Hotels one A.P.L.S. ( Advanced Pediatric Life Support ) seminar was held in collaboration with A.P.L.S. HELLAS, attended by 32 doctors, value € 3.200.
''Pedtrauma'' sponsored two A.P.L.S. ( Advanced Pediatric Life Support ) seminars in collaboration with A.P.L.S. HELLAS (Thessaloniki and Irakleion-Crete ) attended by 51 doctors, of which 4 were doctors of EKAV , a total value of € 2.750. Also ''Pedtrauma'' offered equipment for the A.P.L.S. seminars, value € 1.550.
''Pedtrauma'' continued the program ''Prevention of Children's Accidents'' and distributed brochures to the children, teachers and parents we met. To date we have spoken to 34.916 children and 2.537 teachers and parents.
"Alpha Bank" adopted the sponsorship of our Program on Pediatric Trauma Prevention for this year, value € 10.000. We held 28 presentations (from 1st November 2013 until 31st October 2014) which were attended by 2.575 children.
Our Brochures were distributed to Schools, Kindergartens and Parent Associations at the presentations of ''Prevention of Children's Accidents''.
During the course of the year we printed 20.000 brochures titled ''Prevention of Burns''' (Sponsor: ''National Bank of Greece'' & ''E.J. PAPADOPOULOS''), 20.000 brochures "Safety at Home" (Sponsor: ''John S. Latsis Public Benefit Foundation'') and 20.000 brochures ''Safety at Sports'' (Sponsor: ''Folli Follie'').
On Monday, November 18th 2013 the Intensive Care Unit of the University General Hospital of Heraklion, Crete (''PAGNI'') was inaugurated. The I.C.U. was realised through the generous donation of the ''Stavros Niarchos'' Foundation. ''Pedtrauma'' contributed significantly to this project by offering many of the machines and equipment needed by the I.C.U. Our efforts are on going in order to have this unit fully equipped with all the necessary machinery.
In November 2013 the Jewellery store ''VOURAKIS'' made our New Years good luck charm, the sale of which helped our fund-raising efforts.
From the 16th-20th December 2013 ''Pedtrauma'' was invited to participate in the Christmas Bazaar held in the Headquarters of the Insurance Company ''ING''.
From October 24th 2013 to January 25th 2014 ''Pediatric Trauma Care'' introduced a project on the Give & Fund platform. Our aim was to raise the amount of € 17.000 so as to be able to buy a «Monitor of transfer with Defibrillator" for the Children's Intensive Care Unit in the "PAGNI» University General Hospital in Heraklion. The net amount raised was € 1.635,63. However we are delighted to inform you that we have since managed to raise the amount of € 9.200 and have thus been able to purchase a smaller "Monitor of transfer with Defibrillator" for the Children's Intensive Care Unit in the "PAGNI" University General Hospital in Heraklion.
On March 24th Antenna Channel offered in our Organization the amount of € 2.917,76 through the program "Your Face Sounds Familiar". It is a television show which consisted of 13 Live Shows in which contestants tried, through styling, their stage presence, their movements and of course their vocal abilities, to incarnate a different superstar each time. At the end of each Live Show the player with the highest score offered the money which had been collected from the vote of the viewing public, to a charitable organization of their choice. Mrs. Thomai Apergi, through her participation in this program, has chosen to offer the amount which was collected to our organization.
OTE and COSMOTE celebrated 15 years of charity work by offering 550.000 euro to 17 children's organizations at a special event named «Day of Love – Day of Inspiration». "Pedtrauma" was amongst the (17) charitable organizations. The amount that was given to the charities was raised from the revenue of the calls made by OTE's clients during the Christmas Holidays, as well as that of the New Year's SMS and MMS of COSMOTE's clients.
For the first time "Pedtrauma" organized an Easter Lottery. The Lottery Draw was held at our offices on Wednesday 9th April 2014 and the response was great.
On April 15th "Pedtrauma" began to participate in a new program. This program, started by the company ANAMET which is active in the recycling of metals, is called CAR4CARE. For every car brought to the company for recycling, ANAMET will pay the amount of € 50 to a charity chosen by the owner of the car, from the list of organizations that ANAMET supports. If you, or somebody you know, is planning to turn in his car for recycling, please visit the website www.car4care.gr under the heading ''Child'' selecting ''Pedtrauma''. By choosing our charity you will be helping us to equip the greek Pediatric Hospitals with much needed medical equipment.
"Pedtrauma" participated in the 4th Annual Capital Link CSR(Corporate Social Responsibility) Forum in Greece which was held at the ATHENS HILTON HOTEL, on Tuesday, May 27th, 2014, under the auspices of "The Union of Hellenic Chambers" and the "Athens Chamber of Commerce and Industry".
On Sunday 28th September 2014, "Pedtrauma" took part in the 12th Volunteering Festival which was held at Thissio. Τhe visitors had the opportunity to learn about our organisation and the various projects we are currently working on, and to receive our booklets on Trauma Prevention.
''Odimilia-DH'' Publications will offer the proceeds from the book ''Love Unfulfilled'' to our Charity.
Such generous initiatives help us, both financially and morally, to continue our work.
- To create a Trauma Center at the ''Karamandaneio'' General Hospital in Patras (estimated cost € 70.000).
- To create a Trauma Center at the Rhodes General Hospital (estimated cost € 70.000).
- To complete the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit at the University Hospital "PAGNI" in Crete (estimated cost € 75.227).
- To continue the program "Support of Children with Respiratory Diseases". The current requests of Pediatric Hospitals for this program amounts to € 14.637.
- To help the Pediatric Hospitals in Athens with the purchase of much needed equipment. The current requests of Pediatric Hospitals amounts to € 11.618.
- To finance Pediatric Life Support seminars held for nurses and the Advanced Pediatric Life Support seminars held for doctors and surgeons. The current requests of this program amounts to € 8.000. (for surgeons and doctors for the seminars outside Athens and for the participation of doctors of EKAV in all APLS seminars within and outside Athens).
- To continue the program ''Prevention of Children's Accidents'' (estimated cost € 10.000).
- To reprint the brochure ''Attention of toy selection'' and to print the brochure ''Swimming Saves Lives '' (€ 3.000 each brochure for 20.000 pieces).
Total budget for these goals: € 265.482.
This year one new member and one lifetime member were enrolled.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
As you already know, at the elections held on December 6th, 2013, the following Board of Directors was elected:
- Natasha Clive-Vrecossis, President
- Michalis Sarris, Vice President
- Maria Sofianopoulou, General Secretary
- Efimia Koutsakou, Treasurer
- George-Ippokratis Klimis, Member
- Eleni Doussi, Substitute Member
This year many television and radio programs showed interest in our Charity. Specifically, ''Pedtrauma'' was introduced in a program by Mari Kyriakou called ''With Love'' on the Antenna Channel and was also invited on the morning program of George Economou and Dimitris Kampourakis ''Society Hour Mega''. Also ''Pedtrauma'' was interviewed on the radio shows: Piraeus Church and Athens 9.84.
During Christmas, Ash Monday, Easter, Summer and at the beginning of the school year, newspapers and magazines published our articles on Prevention of Children's Accidents.
In September 2014 we upgraded our website. You can visit it at www.pedtrauma.gr.
ALPHA BANK – BONUS POINTS
Alpha Bank continues to support our Organization by including us in their list of charities to benefit from their Bonus Points credit card program. (American Express, Visa, Mastercard)
SPONSORS AND FRIENDS
We would of course like to thank our Sponsors and Friends who have helped us throughout the year with their donations. Without them we would not have been able to achieve all of the above.
We would also like to express our gratitude to all our Anonymous donors and to the following Foundations, Companies and Individuals:
- OTE - COSMOTE
- Mr Dimitris Sofianopoulos – Norton Rose LLP
- HELLENIC PETROLEUM S.A.
- John S. Latsis Public Benefit Foundation
- Mr George-Ippokratis Klimis
- Alpha Bank
- Mr Konstantinos Koulouvatos - "Amalia" Group of Hotels
- GREEK AMERICA FOUNDATION
- Mrs Lida Vitouladitou - Mega Disposables S.A.
- Folli Follie
- Mrs Thomai Apergi
- MICROSOFT HELLAS
- National Bank of Greece
- Mr & Mrs Ioanni Menoudakou
- Mr & Mrs Daki Ioannou
- Ν.PAPAPOSTOLOU LTD
- E. J. PAPADOPOULOS
- Attica Bank
- Mr & Mrs Antoni Vouraki - Jewellery store ''VOURAKIS''
- Newspaper "ESTIA", Mr Alexis Zaousis
- Mr Maurice Capuano – CAPUANO INSURANCE BROKER SA
- Mr Leonidas Georgopoulos – Law Office ''Kyriakidis – Georgopoulos''
- Mrs Despoina - Aggeliki Pigadioti
- Mr Lois Koulouris
- Capital Link
- Global Sustain
- INTELLIGENT MEDIA ΕΠΕ
- Mr G. Gerardos, PLAISIO COMPUTERS S.A.
- ''M. Theologou''
- Institute ''Renato''
- Mr Dimitrios Asimakis
- Mr Konstantinos Kallithrakas
- Mr George Varsos- VARSOS- KIFISIA S.A.
- Mrs Irene Plati
- Studio 7 Florescence
- ''Odimilia – DH '' Publications
- Mrs Sofika Eleftheroudakis - Bookshop Eleftheroudakis
- Mrs Morfi Plakogiannaki
- Plastika Kritis
- Garlson Wagonlit Travel
- Mr Ioannis Chatzimbeis – ''Give & Fund''
- Mr Ilias Chatzimbeis
- Mega Channel
- De Agostini
- FEVRONIA LUXURY CONCEPTS
- Mr Vasilis Nikolakis - Ballonoorama
We hope that 2015 will be an equally productive year thus helping us continue our efforts to reduce children's accidents, and to improve care once an accident has occurred.
Your support is essential for us!
We wish you a Happy and Healthy New Year.
Natasha Clive – Vrecossis Michalis Sarris
President of the Board of Directors Vice-president of the Board of Directors